Timber Creek and Sierra Pines Golf Courses, part of the recreational offerings at Sun City Roseville Community Association is excited to announce an exceptional career opportunity for a First Assistant Golf Course Superintendent. The qualified candidate will take part in growing our teamwork environment and be highly focused on providing superior services with unparalleled golf course playing conditions to our community members and public guests.
Key Responsibilities of the First Assistant Superintendent:
• Assists in the planning and implementation of agronomic plan for tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
• Assists in the organization and supervision of all agranomical practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants are followed, proper mixing, handling and applications of chemical and fertilizer.
• Assists in the development of procedures that ensure all maintenance equipment is properly maintained.
• Assists in the procurement of supplies and materials within budgetary guidelines.
• Supervises and assists in the repair of golf course irrigation system and pumping plants.
Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
• Ensures that all associates obtain proper training and development needed to perform job tasks safely within state and federal regulations.
Introduces new ideas to promote change and streamlining of processes and procedures.
Minimum Qualifications for the First Assistant Superintendent:
• Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree (AA) in agronomy/horticulture/plant/soil science, and two years related management experience and/or 6 years of golf course management experience . Valid state of California driver’s license and California Pesticide Applicator’s License are required. Must have excellent communication skills and good computer skills along with proven coaching and team building skills.
To see the full job description and apply online www.suncityroseville.org under the careers tab.
The Ridge Golf Course
Scott McCullough, Golf Course Superintendent
Phone: (530) 888-7122 ext. 1
Date Available: January 19th, 2018
The Ridge Golf Course is in the foothills of Northern California and is a short drive from Sacramento. The course was designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr. that offers an excellent 18-hole course located in the gold country.
• Assist with the daily planning, supervising and execution of job tasks regarding all aspects of the golf course and grounds maintenance.
• Be actively involved with scheduling and training of staff.
• Assist in mixing, loading and application of granular and liquid applications.
• Be able to obtain a California license or certificate as a pesticide applicator.
• Have an appropriate level of written, verbal, and computer skills to communicate with co-workers and customers.
• Be willing to work weekends, early mornings and late afternoons as needed.
• Be familiar with irrigation systems, including sprinklers, controllers, valve, pump, and Toro software.
• Must have general knowledge of the game of golf and ideally play golf as well.
• Experience with Bentgrass greens, rye grass tees, fairways, and roughs.
• Use experience and education to asses all factors that enhance plant health, growth, management, and sustainability.
• Assist in personnel management, hiring, firing, disciplinary action, and injury prevention.
• Be detail oriented, and self-motivated.
• Be able to lift 50 pounds, work in all kinds of weather conditions, walk long distances, bend and lift a variety of objects.
• Job Requirements:
• 2 or 4-year turf degree or related.
• 1-2 years working in Golf Maintenance.
• Spanish Speaking is a plus.
• Computer Skills,
• Great communication skills
Salary Range: DOE
• Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
• Employee discounts on food and merchandise.
• GCSAA and Local Chapter dues paid.
• Playing Privileges.
• Vacation, Holidays.